||Hope International University
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and as a member of the Board of Trustees’ Finance, Audit, and Investment Committees.
- Provides leadership direction/supervision to the following departments: Accounting and Finance; Conference and Auxiliary Services; Student Financial Services (Financial Aid and Student Accounts); Human Resources; Information Technology; Campus Facilities Operations; Housekeeping; Food Service; Mail room; Bookstore; and Satellite campus operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities for these areas in accordance with the University’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Counsels the President and other university officers on matters relating to: human resources and payroll; operating and capital budgets; risk management; corporate insurance coverage; commercial property; student financial aid; collections; accounting; banking; facilities: including maintenance, construction, remodeling, furniture acquisition, custodial, landscape, land management; computer technology; telecommunications; campus food services; bookstore; legal liaison; investments; utilities; auditing; real estate purchase, sale or leasing; and overall financial forecasting and planning.
- Carries out the administrative, business, and financial policies of the University in a manner consistent with sound stewardship and good management practices.
- Recommends to the President the employment of department directors under the leadership direction of the Vice President for Business & Finance.
- In consultation with the university officers and with the appropriate committees, prepares and presents the operating and capital budgets to the President and Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for disbursements and control of expenditures consistent with budgets approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Directs preparation of such financial and other reports and analyses as may be required by the President, the President’s Cabinet, the Board of Trustees, Accrediting Associations, The Department of Education, Federal and State government agencies, Christian church partners, and organizations as directed by the President.
- Approves and coordinates the purchasing policies and procedures for the institution.
- In accordance with the policies established by the Board of Trustees, responsible for custody, management, and investment of all funds received by the institution.
- Develops and implements a Strategic Plan for the Business and Finance unit that incorporates the overall strategic goals of the University and strives to meet the strategic objectives in a manner consistent with the time lines required of the Strategic Plan.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President.
How to Apply / Contact
As Chief Financial Officer for the University, the Vice President for Business & Finance provides administrative oversight to the business operations and functions and supports the fiscal integrity of the University.
Please send a cover letter, with a resume and salary requirement to email@example.com.
Successful candidate will have a Masters degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting or related field; Fiver (5) or more years of professional senior level management experience in an institution of higher education; demonstrated experience in applying sound fiscal management principles and practices in a complex organization; demonstrated ability to provide leadership in budget development; demonstrated knowledge of computerized administrative hardware and software systems and networks an supervisory experience int the Human Resource Management.
Must also have personnel supervision and management, commitment to Christ, passion for higher education and for helping students reach their educational goals.