The Vice President and Dean for Student Enrollment Services is responsible for the recruitment, marketing, retention, and overall enrollment processes of Moody Bible Institute (MBI), serves as the liaison and resource to the administration regarding enrollment for both traditional and nontraditional populations of students, and compiles data and provides analysis related to these areas. The Vice President ensures adherence to state and federal policies, regulations and procedures regarding financial aid and other departments at MBI. This administrator, working alongside the VPs/Deans of the Provost’s Cabinet, is charged with achieving MBI’s overall enrollment and related revenue goals.
The Vice President oversees the Student Enrollment Services Division consisting of the following departments: Admissions (Undergraduate, Graduate & Online), Registrar, Financial Aid, Career Development, Education Marketing and Moody Central.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Lead in the formulation of plans and develop and implement admissions marketing strategies to meet or exceed enrollment and revenue goals with attendant evaluation and reporting (KPIs).
- With the assistance of key personnel, ensure and lead in the implementation of the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) strategy developed through the Strategic Enrollment Planning process.
- Collaborate with the Financial Aid Office personnel to plan pricing and financial aid strategies that balance value, price, and (where applicable) discount rates.
- Ensure that objectives and services related to student experience/satisfaction are achieving results that encourage the recruitment and persistence of students.
- Gather and provide to internal stakeholders---enrollment, marketing, and financial aid business intelligence needed to inform decision-making related to the establishment of new programs, concentrations, and degrees, as well as being a key spokesperson for the development of enrollment and revenue targets for these new educational options.
- Anticipate adequate resources needed to launch new programs, concentrations, and degrees so that approvals, systems, processes, and communication are in place in advance.
- Assure the funded MBI aid provision meets awarding criteria and is fully distributed.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation between educational entities as it relates to achieving student enrollment growth.
- Oversee the hiring, development, motivation, and evaluation of the admissions and financial aid teams (ensuring the managers participate in development of a team of committed, results-oriented professionals).
- Public representation of MBI and stated constituent groups at internal and external meetings, and conferences.
- Partner with the Media division, Events and Guest Services, Stewardship, and Public Relations in developing synergistic means of marketing MBI.
- Remain connected through the Provost’s Cabinet interaction to student development/services offices to assure the student lifecycle and student-centered models continue to bring connectedness to the community, and benefit to MBI’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Continue involvement with assigned strategic initiatives.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Five or more years serving in educational administration, preferably enrollment-related settings with exposure to or leadership in a variety of educational settings.
- The candidate must have a clear understanding of and ability to articulate the essentials of ministry perspective in a Bible College setting as contrasted with a Christian Liberal Arts setting.
- A Ph.D. or Ed.D. (completed) is preferred, though candidates with appropriate backgrounds and masters’ degrees will be considered.
- Demonstrated capacity in budget preparation and management.
- Experience working with a variety of computer technologies and admissions databases and procedures.
- Ability to articulate a clear vision and effectively build and guide a team toward the goals that support that vision.
- Effective organizational skills, including the use of data analysis to assist in decision making.
- Currency in the changing dynamics of regional and national enrollment issues and their application in a Bible College setting.
- Collaborative and visionary leadership skills that represent the best and most efficient and innovative enrollment management practices;
- A calling to the work of shaping the lives of students from a variety of backgrounds to serve as agents of Christ in fulfillment of the Moody Education Mission in the world: To think biblically, live Christianly, and serve the Church effectively.
- A commitment to rigorous Bible College mission with the ability to articulate its value and relevancy in a changing and challenging culture.
- The emotional intelligence to win the trust of a committed and engaged staff and faculty;
- Strategic focus and skill to create clear priorities, goals, and action plans to move the organization forward.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead others in continuous improvement and innovation efforts focused on “best-in-class” or benchmarked admissions practice, financial aid practice, and education marketing practices;
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and make good use of data for strategic enrollment and marketing decisions and to establish processes that lead to appropriate data where such is lacking.
- People-leadership skills that attract, build, and motivate a high-quality, results-oriented team;
- Appreciation for collaborative approaches that bring together people from various divisions to accomplish common goals.
- Ability to operate wisely and communicate winsomely in an environment of critical Christian discernment and cultural engagement where students, parents, and constituents differ in opinion and background.
- A lived appreciation for the doctrinal statement of the Moody Bible Institute and a commitment to sign without reservation in application to a campus community that highly values dedication to its mission.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Approximately 15% travel required throughout the United States.
Moody Bible Institute is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Candidates must align with MBI’s Christian identity. Employees are expected to sign a Statement of Faith and adhere to the Community Standards.
We comply with all applicable laws pertaining to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and any other applicable legally protected category. As a religious institution, we have the right to, and do, require that employees hold beliefs consistent with our Doctrinal Statement and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our religious beliefs, including as explained in our Community Standards.
Please apply online at https://www.moodybible.org/careers. The job opening is 4506!