Please complete the following:
- REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE
- All speakers should register for the Conference. ABACC is no longer able to provide complimentary registrations to speakers unless negotiated in advance. REGISTER HERE
- CHECK THE SCHEDULE to see when your session is scheduled.
- COMPLETE THE SPEAKER INFORMATION FORM — ABACC will use the information you provide on this form for the Conference Program as well as the ABACC website.
- MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS AND TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
- Please make your own hotel reservations arrangements; be sure to get the negotiated ABACC rate.
- Please make your own airport transportation arrangements, using ABACC's negotiated provider.
- PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION
- Talk with 6-8 people about your topic and use their feedback to make your presentation as practical as possible. A great presentation that isn't relevant to our attendees won't be useful.
- Please keep in mind your audience:
- A mix of representatives from small Bible Colleges, large Christian Liberal Arts Universities, and seminaries
- A mix of geographic representation including US and Canadian institutions
- A mix of experience levels from beginners to experts (the average tenure of a business officer in Christian Higher Ed is less than 10 years)
- A mix of denominational backgrounds including conservative and liberal Christians from a variety of theological viewpoints
- It is vitally important to the success of your presentation that you include plenty of Q&A and discussion. This is how our attendees learn best.
- Sessions should include time for attendees to distill their learning and identify personal action items.
- Attendees should be considered "ambassadors" for their institution and will want to take home information/material to their institution.
- Consider other ways to help attendees share their conference experiences with their co-workers. This expands your influence as well as multiplies the value of the conference experience for the attendee.
- Read Leading Learning for additional great ideas to make your presentation a success.
- Our attendees are looking for down-to-earth, practical, take-home tips. Any templates, samples, guides, resources, tools, you can provide is always very much appreciated and will add to the value of your session.
- DOWNLOAD ABACC'S POWERPOINT THEMES AND LOGO
Please use ABACC's Annual Conference theme for any PowerPoint presentations.
- SUBMIT YOUR PRESENTATION AND HANDOUT MATERIALS to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are finished. Please note, we will not have copy services available at the ABACC Conference, so please print your handouts in advance. ABACC will reimburse you for expenses. Disclaimer: ABACC reserves the right to distribute your presentation materials, including posting electronic copies on ABACC's website for download, and to use your presentation materials as we see fit. ABACC does not prohibit speakers from using their own materials in any way they desire. Any material you do not want made publicly available should not be submitted to ABACC.
- BRING YOUR OWN ADAPTER if you are using a Mac computer for your presentation in order to connect with the hotel's PC-based systems.
- QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS? Contact Bruce Hoeker at email@example.com or 877-303-8666.
Please use ABACC's Annual Conference theme for any PowerPoint presentation: