Many plan rules apply differently, if at all, to church plans. This session will help you develop a deeper understanding around key questions, including:
• Who qualifies for them?
• Which rules apply, and which ones don’t?
• Are there different types of church plans?
• What makes church 403(b) plans different?
• How have Congress and the courts impacted these plans recently?
The session will explore these questions, and more.
Learning Objectives - Attendees will be able to:
- Ask, and answer, the right questions about church plan status
- Focus in on key factors to help determine eligibility
- Identify how Congress and the courts have impacted these plans recently
- Apply the right sets of rules, depending on the type of church plan
Don Harris, Sr. Vice President, Higher Education, Religious, and Charitable Markets, VALIC
Richard Turner, Vice President and Associate General Counsel, AIG Goup Retirement
Gayle Rollins, Assistant General Counsel, AIG Group Retirement
Joe Kendy, Assistant General Counsel, AIG Group Retirement
ABACC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarketing.org
Delivery Method: Group-Internet-Based
Program Level: Basic
CPE Credits: 1.5
Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics
Complaint Resolution Policy
Free for Members
$15 CPE credit processing fee (if required)