July 13th 2018
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Map this event »
3200 College Avenue
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Most of us never experience years of plenty but instead endure prolonged famine. Demographics, debt aversion, job prospects and other factors make recruitment all the more challenging. Fighting such trends with higher discounts and a proliferation of added spending may not have stemmed the tide. We either need to rescale our operation today or are facing that prospect within a year or two.
But how do we turn things around?
CFO Colleague is pleased to provide a primer on turnarounds. Their work with a variety of private colleges and universities has shaped an approach that has been successful on a number of campuses. In this one day event, you will gain a better understanding of why schools face the challenges they do, the historic strategies that simply don’t work and strategies that have proven to effect change on a near term basis.
Whether you are an institution struggling from year to year or one that is in immediate need of something new, this event will provide helpful insights and encouragement.
Learning Objectives - Attendees will be able to:
- Define a rapidly deteriorating institution;
- Recognizing primary areas of cost requiring reduction;
- Analyze a variety of turnaround approaches;
- Identify the reasons why exigency is not a wise strategy;
- Analyze the advantages of a "carrot and stick" approach;
- Recognize the need for investment;
- Identify scoring techniques for proposed revenue initiatives;
- Analyze examples of successful strategies.
- Jeff Spear, Principal, CFO Colleague
NASBA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
- Prerequisites: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Advanced Preparation: None
- CPE Credits: 6.0
- Field of Study: Management Services
- Complaint Resolution Policy
- ABACC Members - $99
- Non-Members - $149
- $15.00 CPE Processing Fee