Annual Conference Speakers
- AGREEMENT FOR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT -
This form was emailed to you separately. Please complete, sign and return.
- SPEAKER INFORMATION FORM — The information you provide on this form will be used for the Conference Program as well as the ABACC website.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS AND TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS -
Please make your own hotel reservations and travel arrangements:
- AS YOU PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION -
- Talk with 6-8 people about your topic and use their feedback to make your presentation as practical as possible. A great presentation that isn't relevant to our attendees won't be useful.
- Please keep in mind your audience:
- A mix of representatives from small Bible Colleges, large Christian Liberal Arts Universities, and seminaries
- A mix of geographic representation including US and Canadian institutions
- A mix of experience levels from beginners to experts (the average tenure of a business officer in Christian Higher Ed is less than 10 years)
- A mix of denominational backgrounds including conservative and liberal Christians from a variety of theological viewpoints
- It is vitally important to the success of your presentation that you include plenty of Q&A and discussion. This is how our attendees learn best.
- Sessions should include time for attendees to distill their learning and identify personal action items.
- Attendees should be considered "ambassadors" for their institution and will want to take home information/material to their institution.
- Consider other ways to help attendees share their conference experiences with their co-workers. This expands your influence as well as multiplies the value of the conference experience for the attendee.
- Read Leading Learning for additional great ideas to make your presentation a success.
- Our attendees are looking for down-to-earth, practical, take-home tips. Any templates, samples, guides, resources, tools, you can provide is always very much appreciated and will add to the value of your session.
- Please email your presentation and handout materials to email@example.com as soon as they are available.
- If you are using a Mac computer for your presentation, please bring your own adapter in order to connect with the hotel's PC-based systems.
- POWERPOINT THEMES -
Please use ABACC's Annual Conference theme for any PowerPoint presentations
Please use ABACC's Annual Conference theme for any PowerPoint presentation: