Business Office 360°
A Comprehensive Guide for Financial Professionals
The Business Office 360° program is designed as an intensive, fast-paced program covering the most common areas a typical business officer would need to understand in order to excel in an institution of higher education.
The program covers 25 topics in 12 modules. This is not a “how-to” session, but more a “you need to be aware of these issues” type of workshop. You may be fluent in one area, but deficient in another. This program will help you highlight your strengths and provide resources for your weaknesses.
Each topic is presented by experienced professionals and a complete set of resources is provided for each workshop participant. All of our topic presenters are available for post-workshop follow-up. Questions are also welcomed via the ABACC listserv. Additional help is available at the ABACC office.
A two-day live version of this program is offered in conjunction with ABACC’s Annual Conference. An on-demand self-study version is available if you prefer to work at your own pace. Participants who complete the entire program receive a Certificate of Completion (on-line participants must complete tests at the end of each module and pass all modules with at least 80% accuracy).
To enroll in the next live version of the Business Office 360 workshop, select the "Business Office 360" option on your Annual Conference registration form.
To enroll in the on-line self-study version of the Business Office 360 program, purchase your subscription. Once you have your login credentials CLICK HERE to begin your program.
Who Should Attend?
- New or newer business officers
- Experienced business officers interested in a comprehensive review of business office functions
- Controllers, business managers and up-and-comers interested in a career as a business officer in higher education
- Presidents, deans and other college professionals who wish to have a better understanding of how a business office functions
- Board finance/audit chairs and other board members who desire an understanding of higher education business
What Topics are Covered?
- Structure & Culture
- Audits, Audit Reports & Taxation
- Financial Aid
- Physical Plant, Safety/Security, & Auxiliaries
- Human Resources, Payroll & Benefits
- The Institution-Wide Impact of the Business Office
- Information Technologies
- Risk Management
- Strategic Planning & Budgeting
- Endowment, Investments, Banking Relationships & Debt
- Personal, Spiritual & Organizational Habits